Waffled Banana Bread
Use a waffle iron to bake a top notch banana loaf in a fraction of the time taken by a bread maker.
Total Time: 35 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 15 min
Banana Loaf Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- A single teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- A 1/4 teaspoon of fine salt
- A cup of smashed banana (2 or 3 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and some for coating the waffle iron
- A 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- A teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
Plus some soft unsalted butter and confectioner’s sugar for optional dusting
Switch on the waffle iron to medium – high. Also preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Begin by whisking the flour, walnuts, baking powder and soda, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl. The banana, sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs are mixed in a different bowl. When the two mixtures are added together it is okay to have lumps.
Use oil to lightly brush the waffle iron. Each section should be filled to three quarters full. Close the waffle iron making sure to cook the waffles till they are golden brown. Then place cooked waffles into the oven or on to a plate covered with foil.
If there are any left over put them into the freezer.
Incoming search terms:
- homemade waffles recipe