Savory Cheese Waffles
Much Better Than Cheese On Toast
This is how to make savory cheddar cheese waffles. Not only are they as amazing as they sound they can be put in the freezer ready for special events or may be just for a treat at a later date.
Ingredients To Make 8 Medium Sized Waffles
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon full of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 eggs not yet whisked
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese (strength depending on taste)
Directions For Making Savory Cheese Waffles
1. Start by making the batter: Place the flour in with the baking powder, salt, and the ground black pepper into a large bowl. Whisk it all together to form the batter.
2. Make the batter cheesy: Mix the the buttermilk in with the butter and also the eggs, whisking them to combine with each other in a medium sized bowl. Add that mixture to the butter mix, and whisk everything altogether. Once that has been done proceed to gently folding in the cheese.
3. The making of the cheese waffles: Preheat the waffle maker / iron as well as preheating the oven to around 200 degrees F. Then lightly spray the waffle iron with some none stick spray (or use butter) before using a ladle to put the batter into the waffle maker. Then simply prepare the savory cheese waffles according to the instructions supplied by the manufacturers.
4. Serving or freezing the cooked waffles: As soon as the waffles are done remove them from the maker with tongs, placing them upon a baking tray. If you are making a large batch then keep the cooked waffles warm in the preheated oven, while the rest are been cooked. The options are to serve straightaway or freeze some for later. The waffles will needed to be wrapped up in a wrap then put in plastic bags. These are put in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months. Waffles can be reheated in any toaster or in an oven heated to 300 degrees F.